Welcome to Community Initiatives Concern’s website:
By using this website, we presume your consent to:
- The terms and conditions communicated on this site;
- Our security and privacy policies;
- All different terms referenced herein;
In the event that you are using this site for the benefit of another entity, you will be held up to be an agent of that entity and that entity shall be bound by the terms and conditions of this website.
Community Initiatives Concern may, at its sole discretion, alter or amend these site terms and policies at any time without giving prior notice, and you consent to be bound by such adjustments. Any changes or modifications done take immediate effect upon an update being effected on Community Initiatives Concern’s website and you forgo any prior rights and affirm acceptance of the changes or modifications done. It is advisable to periodically check on changes that may have occurred for updates and consideration before proceeding to use this site.
- Protection Policy
- General Use of the Site — Permissions and Restrictions
- The site and all its substance and materials, including the Community Initiatives Concern’s logo, and all designs, content, illustrations, pictures, videos, data, information, programmes or software, all forms of files or documents, different records and the choice and course of action thereof (by and large, the “Site Materials”) are owned by or licenced to Community Initiatives Concern and are secured by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- Community Initiatives Concern gives you consent to access and utilize the site Materials and electronically duplicate, and print to hard copy version parts of the site Materials for your instructive, non-commercial and personal use only.
- Such consent conceded is liable to these site terms and does exclude:
- Modifying or generally making derivative uses of the site and the site Materials, or any bit thereof;
- The distribution, public use or open display of any site Materials;
- Downloading of any bit of the webpage, the website Materials or any data or information contained therein, aside from as is explicitly permitted on the website;
- Use of any data mining, robots or comparative data collection or extraction methods;
- Any use of the site or the site Materials other than for its intended purpose.
- Any resale or commercial utilization of the site or the site Materials therein;
- Any utilization of the site or the site materials other than as approved herein, without a prior written permission by Community Initiatives Concern, is entirely disallowed and illegal.
- No Commercialization of Third Party Products, Activities and Services
This site is exclusively to further the non-profit values and the vision of Community Initiatives Concern. No advertisements or advancements of a business nature for products or services are allowed on the site.
- Copyright Complaints
On the off chance you believe that anything on the site encroaches upon any copyright that you claim or control you may file a notification of such infringement with our office as given here below:The Executive Director,
Community Initiatives Concern,
Next to St Anna Guest House – Milimani,
Baring Road, off Ring Road, Plot No. BL 12/214,
P. O. Box 2112, GPO – 40100,
KISUMU – KENYA.
Telephone No: (+254) 0572 502 662
Mobile Phone No: (+254) 0734 056 256 or (+254) 0722 114 215
E-mail: email@example.comYou should take note of that on the off chance that you purposely gives false notification that materials or presentations are infringing on you or your clients property rights, you will be liable for any damage caused, including expenses and lawyers’ charges incurred by us or the affirmed infringer as the after effect of us relying deleting, disabling or destroying the materials or presentations claimed to have been infringed upon.In the event Community Initiatives Concern inadvertently infringes on Third Party copyright, any legal action against Community Initiatives Concern to be refered to arbitration in the first instance.
Community Initiatives Concern’s logos and any of our other administration name or motto contained in the site are trademarks of Community Initiatives Concern, as well as its affiliates and may not be duplicated, imitated or utilized, in its entire form or to some degree, without the earlier written permission of Community Initiatives Concern. You may not use any metatags or some other “concealed content” using the imprints or some other name, trademark or item or administration name of Community Initiatives Concern without our earlier written permission. What’s more, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, custom illustrations, catch symbols and contents, are the service mark, trademark of Community Initiatives Concern and shall not be replicated, imitated or utilized, in entire or to a limited extent, without our earlier written approval. Every other single trademark, service or product names or logos shown on the site are the property of their individual proprietors. Reference to any items, administrations, forms or other information, in terms of trade name, trademark, manufacture and suppliers does not constitute or infer endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
- Content Provided by Community Initiatives Concern
Photographs, recordings, stories and other materials given by Community Initiatives Concern are owned by us and protected by Kenyan and International copyright laws. But as generally expressed inside the Website, you may not reproduce or utilize them without prior written permission from Community Initiatives Concern.
- Your Content and Handling
The site incorporates interactive service areas, in which you or other clients create, post or store content, messages, materials, information or data, music, photographs, recordings, illustrations, or other items or materials on the site. You are exclusively in charge of your utilization of such interactive areas and you utilize them at your own risk. You concur not to post, transfer to, transmit, disperse, store, make or generally distribute through the site any of the following:
- User content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any user content, you represent and warrant that you have the legitimate right to distribute and reproduce such user content;
- User content that would constitute, support or give information for a criminal offense, damage the privileges of any party, or that would in a way or another create liability or violate any local, county or national laws of Kenya and as well as International law.
- User content that is unlawful, making false or unfair statements that are likely to damage the reputation of a person or organization (libellous), defamatory, disgusting, pornographic, indecent, scurrilous, suggestive, harassing, threatening, intrusive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, unscrupulous or generally awful;
- Private information or data of any third party, including and not limited to, addresses, telephone and mobile numbers, email addresses, National Hospital Insurance Fund numbers, National Social Security Fund numbers, clients’ account numbers and debit or credit card numbers;
- Unsolicited promotions, political activities, advertising or solicitations;
- Viruses, corrupted information or data, other harmful, troublesome or destructive records;
- User content that impersonates any individual or entity or generally distorts your association with individual or entity; and
- User content that, in the sole judgment of Community Initiatives Concern, is offensive or which confines or hinders some other individual from utilizing the site interactive areas or the whole or parts of the site, or which may expose Community Initiatives Concern or its clients to any damage or liability of any sort.
You additionally agree that you are exclusively in charge of your conduct while on the site and the services offered or requested for, and you agree that you won’t do any of the following regarding the site, the services or its clients:
- Impersonate or post on behalf of any individual or entity or generally misrepresent your association with an individual or entity;
- Circumvent or endeavour to go around any filtering, security measures or different feature;
- Use the site or the service in any way that could meddle with, interfere, adversely influence or inhibit different clients from fully using the site or that could damage, cripple, overburden or debilitate the functioning of the site in any way;
- Send any commercial messages; solicited or not; or
- Stalk, intimidate, debilitate, or generally harass or cause distress to other clients;
Community Initiatives Concern assumes no liability and accept no risk for any client content posted, stored, uploaded or transferred by you or any other third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, or for any client conduct, nor is Community Initiatives Concern liable for any errors, defamation, slander, libel, oversights or omissions, misrepresentations, vulgarity, pornography or profanity you may experience. Your utilization of interactive areas is at your own risk
Requirement of user services or materials or conduct while on this site, the site terms is exclusively at Community Initiatives Concern discretion, and inability to authorize such terms in some cases does not constitute a waiver of our entitlement to enforce the terms in other cases. Also, these standards don’t create any private right of activity with respect to any third party or any reasonable expectation that the site won’t contain any substance that is prohibited by such site terms.
- Client Provided Content and Authorization
In the event that you post client content on the site, you allow Community Initiatives Concern and its affiliates a non-restrictive, royalty-free, never-ending, irrevocableand fully sub-licensable right to utilize, reproduce, adjust or modify, adapt, publish and distribute, translate, make derivative works from, disseminate, perform and show such user content all over the world in any form and media including and not limited to the privilege to use your name, resemblance, voice or identity. You give Community Initiatives Concern and its partners and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit regarding such item or materials, and as we may decide so. You comprehend and agree that the use of your or other clients’ names, resemblance, voice or character regarding different features on the site does not endorse any support of the site or of Community Initiatives Concern unless explicitly written and stated by us.
- Client Content — Representations and Warranties
You may only submit Content to the site or regarding the services that you have the right to submit i.e. submit content that you yourself create and is in the public domain or that you have been explicitly granted rights in line with this site terms. Content that infringes the rights of any third party must not be submitted.You represent, warrant and concur that no content of any sort submitted, posted or generally shared by you on or through any of the sites pages or services, violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other individual or property rights, or contains libellous, defamatory or generally unlawful material. Further, represent, warrant and concur not to present any personally identifiable information or data, including any substance containing personally identifiable information or data, about any individual who is under 18 years old unless disclosure agreement form is signed by a parent or responsible guardian.
- Community Initiatives Concern’s Right to Edit or Delete Content
Despite the fact that Community Initiatives Concern has no commitment to screen, edit or monitor any of the materials posted in any of the interactive areas, Community Initiatives Concern holds the right and discretion to delete or remove, screen or edit any client’s content posted or stored on the site at any time and without giving notice whatsoever, and you are exclusively in charge of making backup copies for you and your clients’ use and making any corrective measures, all at your own cost. Any utilization of the interactive areas or other parts of the site disregarding the foregoing site terms may lead to termination or suspension of your rights to fully utilize the site.You may ask for expunging f your Content from the site or services at any time, and Community Initiatives Concern will move expeditiously to delete or remove or expunge such content; and noting that Community Initiatives Concern can only delete or remove or expunge such contents from its sites and not from email files, wiki history pages and community forums where you may post content, or different computers and systems. Note that after deletion or removal or expunging of such contents, the permit or licence you conceded when submitting such materials will stay valid and in full effect as per its terms.
You are conceded a restricted, non-exclusive right to create hyperlinks to the site for non-commercial purposes, provided such a connection does not depict Community Initiatives Concern or any of its materials and services in a false, deceptive, slanderous or generally defamatory manner and ensuring that the linking site does not contain any children and adult illegal or illicit material or any material that is offensive, harassing or generally objectionable. This right can be revoked anytime without giving notice and reason whatsoever. You may not utilize a Community Initiatives Concern logo or other graphics to link to this site without a written consent of Community Initiatives Concern. Further, you may not utilize, outline or use framing methods to enclose any Community Initiatives Concern trademark, logo or other exclusive information or data, including pictures found at the site, the substance of any content or the format/plan of any page or shape contained on a page on the site without Community Initiatives Concern’s written consent. Note that you are not consented any privilege or licence or permit, estoppel or generally in or under any patent, trademark, copyright or exclusive right of Community Initiatives Concern or any third party.Community Initiatives Concern makes no claim or representation with respect to, and acknowledges no responsibility for the quality, substance, nature or reliability of third party sites accessible by hyperlink from our webpage, or Web locales connecting to the Site. The inclusionof such links does not infer affiliation, endorsement or adoption by Community Initiatives Concern of any site or any information or data it contains. When you leave the Site, you ought to know that our terms and policies no longer apply. You should review the relevant terms and policies, including security and information or data collection practices of the site you want to explore.
- Outsider or Third Party Content
Community Initiatives Concern may show or display third party substance on the Site and may provide links to website pages and content of third parties as a service to those keen on the information data. Community Initiatives Concern does not control, embrace or receive any third party content and makes no representation or guarantees of any sort in regards to the third party content, including and not limited to its accuracy or reliability. You recognize and concur that Community Initiatives Concern isn’t capable or at risk in any way for any third party content and takes no responsibility in any way to update, review or audit the materials or contents. Utilizing such Third Party Content is at your own risk.
- Submission of Suggestions or Action Points to Community Initiatives Concern by Users or clients
You recognize and concur that any inquiries, remarks, recommendations, suggestions, inputs or other information or data about the site or the services or submissions given by you to Community Initiatives Concern are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Community Initiatives Concern. Community Initiatives Concern shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall qualify for the unlimited use in any format, modification and dissemination of the submissions without your acknowledgement or compensation.
- User Registration information or Data and Account Security
With regards to your utilization of the site, you consent to;
- Maintain and regularly update your data as is necessary, and any other already in our store or use.
- Provide accurate, current and complete information or data about you as might be required by any registration form on the Site or delivered to you in one form or another.
- Accept all risks of unapproved access to the registration information or Data and some other information or data you give to Community Initiatives Concern; and
- Maintain the security of your passwords and user identification.
You consent to safeguard, indemnify and hold safe Community Initiatives Concern and not limited to its entities or contractors, service provider and consultants, and their directors, representatives or employees, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities, attorney’s fees emerging out of or identified with any client content you post, store or generally transmit on or through the site or your utilization of the interactive areas, including without limitation any real or threatened suit, demand or claim made against Community Initiatives Concern as well as its entities, consultants, employees, directors and contractors, arising out of or identifying with the client content, your conduct, your violation of the site terms of the privileges of any third party.
- Warranties Disclaimer
Unless explicitly provided by Community initiatives concern in writing to the contrary, the site, the site materials contained therein and the servicesgiven on or in association therewith are given on an “as is” premise without guarantees of any kind, either express or inferred. Community Initiatives Concern renounces every other guarantees, express or inferred, including, without limitation, inferred guarantees of merchantability, fitness for a specific reason, title and non-infringement with regards to the site and the services, including the information or data, materialsor content contained therein. Community Initiatives Concern does not represent or warrant that materials in the site or the services are accurate, complete, dependable, error free. Community Initiatives Concern does not represent or warrant that the site or its servers are free of harmful materials.Community Initiatives Concern is not responsible for typographical mistakes, omissions or oversights as may be encountered with the use of the site. While Community Initiatives Concern endeavours to make your access and utilization of the site and the services therein safe, Community Initiatives Concerncannot and does not represent or warrant that the site or its server(s) are free of infections or other hurtful parts; in this way, you should utilize protection software to identify and remove infections from any download.Community Initiatives Concern reserves the right to change any substance or material contained in the site and to modify, suspend or stop the site or any services offered through the site or any features or functions of the site or the services at any time without prior notification as to any compensation or obligation to you. Reference to any items, services, forms or other information or data, by trade name, trademark, producer, and supplier or generally does not constitute or suggest endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any association therewith, by Community Initiatives Concern.
- Restriction or Limitation of Liability
In no occasion shall Community Initiatives Concern, its directors, members, employees or representatives be at risk of any immediate, exceptional, indirect or consequential damages, or some other damages of any sort, including yet not constrained to loss of utilization, loss of benefits or loss of information or data, regardless of whether in an activity in contract, tort or something else, emerging out of or in any capacity associated with the utilization of or inability to utilize the site, the services, the substance or the materials contained in or got to through the site, including without limitation any damages caused by or coming about because of dependence by client on any information or data got from Community Initiatives Concern, or that results from mistakes, exclusions, intrusions, deletion of documents or materials or email, blunders, defects, infections, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of execution, regardless of whether coming about due to acts of God, correspondences failures, theft or robbery, destruction or damages or unauthorised access to Community Initiatives Concern records, projects or programmes or services. In no occasion shall the total obligation of Community Initiatives Concern, regardless of whether in contract, guarantee, tort (including carelessness, whether active, passive or imputed), product liability, strict liability or other theory or hypothesis, emerging out of or identifying with the utilization of or failure to utilize the site or the services or to these site terms surpass any compensation you make, assuming any, to Community Initiatives Concern for access to or utilization of the site.
- General Terms
Applicable Law and Venue
These site terms and your utilization of the site shall be governed by and interpreted as per the laws of Kenya and the international laws, pertinent to agreements made and executable in Kenya, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You concur that any activity at law or in equity emerging out of or identifying with these site terms shall be filed in Kenyan courts and you therefore permanently and unconditionally agree and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding emerging out of these site terms.
Notwithstanding any of these site terms, Community Initiatives Concern holds the right, without notice and in its sole prudence, to terminate your permit to utilize the site, and to block or keep your future access to and utilization of the site terminated.
If any provision of these site terms shall be regarded unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, at that point that provision shall be considered severable from these site terms and shall not influence the legitimacy and enforceability of any outstanding provisions.
- Inquiries and Contacting Us
Questions or comments about the site may be directed to Community Initiatives Concern at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at (+254) 0734 056 256 or (+254) 0722 114 215.